The CTC is seeking a new Secretary. It’s a great voluntary position, for someone who is personable, practical and service-oriented, with a friendly, courteous manner. It’s a bonus if you love theatre, and want to contribute to the culture of Castlemaine. You will need to join the commitee and commit to monthly meetings. It’s a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic, inclusive community arts organisation, and enhance your skill set, with opportunities to branch out into production, stage management and front of house management. This is a voluntary position, averaging about 4 hours a week, spread out as required (it can be lumpy, sometimes busy, sometimes quiet). To find out more and express your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Secretary do?
- Collect paper correspondence from PO Box in Castlemaine (we have very little these days).
- Deal with email (we use a Gmail account) and other correspondence in a timely fashion. Our email requires checking at least 2 or 3 times a week.
- Re-distribute email fliers and casting opportunities to mailing list. The CTC will distribute fliers and emails promoting local theatre events to the CTC mailing list that are sent into us by members, this is a promotional service for financial members of the CTC.
- Manage the mailing list
Minutes and Agendas
- Write up minutes and agendas. Distribute to committee via email in advance of monthly meetings, and print copies for meeting.
- Compile all paperwork for the AGM (March)
- Keep an up to date register of memberships
- Other printing jobs such as copies of scripts
- Other administrative tasks such as filing and applying for liquor licenses, booking venues.